Various: Slidin' on the Frets: The Hawaiian Steel Guitar Phenomenon CD Track Listing
Slidin' on the Frets: The Hawaiian Steel Guitar Phenomenon (2000)
Compilation produced by Robert Armstrong & Sherwin Dunner.\nRemastered directly from original 78s by Richard Nevins.\nCD: Yazoo 2056 (2000-06-13), UPC 016351205629.
This blues cd contains 23 tracks and runs 68min 43sec.
Tags: music songs tracks blues Hawaiian
- Kanui & Lula - My Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua  (02:47)
Recorded Paris FR, ?1933.\nKanui: steel guitar, ?vocal\nLula: ukulele, guitar
- Bezos' Hawaiian Orchestra - Pame Sti Honoloulou [193x] (03:06)
(Kostas Bezos)\nRecorded Athens GR, early 1930s.\nKostas Bezos: steel guitar, vocal
- Oscar Woods - Don't Sell It--Don't Give It Away  (03:04)
Recorded 1936-03-21 (mx 60849); Decca 7219.\nOscar "Buddy" Woods: lap steel guitar, vocal
- Rodney Rogers' Red Peppers - Milenberg Joys  (02:48)
(Leon Roppolo/Paul Mares/Jelly Roll Morton)\nRecorded 1927-10 (mx C1317=18 [C1316/8]); Brunswick 3744.
- Jimmie Tarlton - My Little Blue Heaven  (03:42)
(Walter Donaldson/George Whiting)\nRecorded 1930-04-17 (mx W150268); Columbia 15572D, as by Tom Darby & Jimmie Tarlton.\nJimmie Tarlton: steel guitar, ?vocal\nTom Darby: guitar, ?vocal
- Emery Cournard - Why My Craf Vex with Me  (02:39)
Recorded Trinidad TT, 1938.
- Eddy's Hawaiian Serenaders - Down in Waikiki  (03:13)
(Archer/Morse)\nRecorded 1928-07-13 (mx W146631=3); Columbia 1631D.\nAndy Sannella: steel guitar
- H.M. Barnes & His Blue Ridge Ramblers - Honolulu Stomp  (03:08)
(Fred Philipo [Phillips])\nRecorded 1929-01-29 (mx E29250); Brunswick 463, as by H.M. Barnes Blueridge Ramblers.\nRussell Jones: steel guitar\nLonnie Austin: piano
- Tau Moe's Hawaiian Jazzites - U Like, Noa Like  (02:55)
AKA "Ua Like, No A Like".\nRecorded Shanghai CN, 1934.\nTau Moe: steel guitar\nRose Moe: vocal
- Honolulu Players - Mindanao March [?1927] (02:43)
AKA "Hilo March".\nPoss. recorded 1927 (mx 194=B); Madison 5062-A, as "Mindanao March" by "Honolulu Players (Nawahi)".\nPoss. King Bennie Nawahi: steel guitar
- King Oliver & His Orchestra - Everybody Does It in Hawaii  (02:57)
(Jimmie Rodgers/Elsie McWilliams)\nRecorded 1929-12-30 (mx 58338=1); Victor 38109.\nRoy Smeck: steel guitar
- Truett & George - Ghost Dance  (03:03)
Recorded 1927-10-07 (mx W144744); Columbia 1182D.\nVelma Truett, Harry George: steel guitar, guitar
- Nelstone's Hawaiians - You'll Never Find a Daddy like Me  (02:50)
Derived from "St. James Infirmary".\nRecorded Memphis US-TN (?Atlanta US-GA), 1928-09-21 (?1929) (mx 47077); Victor 40011, as "You'll Never Find a Daddy"; Montgomery Ward 4429, as "You'll Never Find a Daddy like Me".\nHubert Nelson: steel guitar\nJames To
- Les Loups - La Portena Es una Papa  (02:54)
Recorded Buenos Aires AR, 1928.\nOscar Alem
- Casey Bill Weldon - Has My Gal Been Here  (02:36)
Recorded 1936-04-01 (mx 100310); Bluebird 6390, as by Casey Bill Weldon.
- Jimmy Yates' Boll Weevils - Smiles  (03:23)
Recorded 1928-09-18 (mx 47053); Victor 21723.\nJimmy Yates: steel guitar
- Los Angeles Biltmore Hotel Trio - Clowin' the Frets  (02:40)
Derived from "Farewell Blues".\nRecorded 1928-04-06 (mx 400567); OKeh 41064.\nEddie Bush: steel guitar
- Gino Bordin Hawaiian Orchestra - Caresses Venitiennes [?1931] (03:04)
(Gino Bordin)\nPoss. recorded Paris FR, ca. 1931-06 (?mx b.
- Sylvester Weaver - Guitar Rag  (03:03)
(Sara Martin/Sylvester Weaver)\nRecorded 1927-04-12 (mx 80727=A); OKeh 8480.\nAlso previously recorded by Weaver, 1923-10-19 (mx 71997=B); OKeh 8109-B.
- Patt Patterson & His Champion Pep Riders - The Cat's Whiskers  (02:41)
Recorded 1930-05-16 (mx 9738); Perfect 164, as by Patt Patterson Champion Riders.\nPatt Patterson: steel guitar
- Hawaiian Songbirds - Happy Hawaiian Blues  (02:49)
Recorded Dallas US-TX, 1928-10 (mx DAL697); Brunswick 4164.\nTed Broughton: Hawaiin guitar\nRoy Rodgers: guitar
- Lawson's Hawaiians - Drifting and Dreaming  (03:00)
Recorded 1931-06-10 (mx G17815); Champion 16303/40097.\nPrentice Lawson: steel guitar
- Andy Sannella - Sliding on the Frets  (03:26)
(Andy Sannella)\nRecorded 1929-05 (mx E30002); Brunswick 4484, as by Andy Sannella & His Orch.\nAndy Sannella: steel guitar