Tags: entertainment humor facts useless joke
- Giraffes have no vocal cords.
- In 1963, baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry remarked, "They'll put a man on the moon before I hit a home run." On July 20, 1969, a few hours after Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, Gaylord Perry hit his first, and only, home run.
- Since 1896, the beginning of the modern Olympics, only Greece and Australia have participated in every Games.
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- Many Japanese golfers carry "hole-in-one" insurance, because it is traditional in Japan to share one's good luck by sending gifts to all your friends when you get an "ace." The price for what the Japanese term an "albatross"
- Other than humans, black lemurs are the only primates that may have blue eyes.
- The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used.
- The two longest one-syllable words in the English language are "screeched" and "strengths."
- Great Britain was the first county to issue postage stamps.Hence, the postage stamps of Britain are the only stamps in the world not to bear the name of the country of origin.
Bookmark this list: Press CTRL + D or click the star icon.