Various: Dixieland Jazz: This Was the Jazz Age [disc 1] CD Track Listing
Dixieland Jazz: This Was the Jazz Age [disc 1] (2005)
Discographical data gleaned from
This jazz cd contains 20 tracks and runs 59min 43sec.
Tags: music songs tracks jazz Dixieland
- Johnny De Droit & His New Orleans Orchestra - The Swing  (03:05)
(Johnny DeDroit)\nRecorded New Orleans US-LA, 1924-03-16 (mx 08561-A); OKeh 40090-A, as by Johnny DeDroit & His Band.
- King Oliver's Jazz Band - Sobbin' Blues  (03:17)
(Art Kassel/Vic Berton)\nRecorded Chicago US-IL, 1923-06-22 (mx S8394-B); OKeh 4906-A, as by King Oliver Jazz Band.
- Clarence Williams' Blue Five - Wild Cat Blues  (03:00)
(Clarence Williams/Thomas Wiley)\nRecorded New York US-NY, 1923-07-30 (mx S71706); OKeh 4925-B, as "Wildcat Blues" by Clarence Williams.
- George McClennon's Jazz Devils - New Orleans Wiggle  (03:04)
(A.J. Piron/Peter Bocage)\nRecorded 1924-05-14 (or 1926-09?) (mx 72524-B); OKeh 8150-B, as by George McClennon Jazz Devils.
- Bennie Moten's Kansas City Orchestra - Kater Street Rag  (02:31)
(Bennie Moten Orchestra)\nRecorded Kansas City US-MO, 1925-05-14 (mx 09125-A); OKeh 8277-A, as "Kater Street Rag" by Bennie Moten Kansas City Orch.
- Edna Winston - Pail in My Hand  (03:12)
(Winston)\nRecorded 1926-11-23 (mx 36960-3); Victor 20424.
- Thomas Morris & His Seven Hot Babies - The Mess  (02:51)
(Thomas Morris)\nRecorded New York US-NY, 1926-11-24 (mx 36962-3); Victor 20364-A, as by Thomas Morris Hot Babies.
- New Orleans Owls - White Ghost Shivers  (02:47)
(Swan/Tarto)\nRecorded Atlanta US-GA, 1926-11-08 (mx W143112-2); Columbia 862D.
- Andy Preer & the Cotton Club Orchestra - I Found a New Baby  (03:09)
(Jack Palmer/Spencer Williams)\nAKA "I've Found a New Baby".\nRecorded New York US-NY, 1927-02-09 (or 1927-02-03?) (mx X0513 [GEX-513]); Gennett 6056, as by Andy Preer's Cotton Pickers; Champion 15227, as by Dixie Boys (Preer).
- Louis Dumaine's Jazzola Eight - Pretty Audrey  (03:21)
(Eddie Jackson/Morris Rouse)\nRecorded New Orleans US-LA, 1927-03-07 (mx 37977-1); Victor 20723, as by Louis Dumaine's Jazzola 8; HMV B5385.
- Dixon's Jazz Maniacs - Crazy Quilt  (02:52)
(Vance Dixon)\nRecorded Chicago US-IL, 1927-01 (mx P4090); Paramount 12446-A, as by Vance Dixon's Pencils.
- Ross De Luxe Syncopaters - Don't You Wanna Know?  (02:40)
(Robert H. Cloud)\nRecorded Savannah US-GA, 1927-08-16 (mx 39824-2); Victor 21537-A, as "Don't You Wanna Know? (Creole Belles)" by Ross Deluxe Syncopators.
- Reb Spikes' Majors & Minors - My Mammy's Blues  (03:00)
(Spikes Brothers)\nRecorded Los Angeles US-CA, 1927-10-15 (mx W144765-3); Columbia 1193D, as by Reb Spikes Majors & Minors.\nRoland Bruce: violin
- Charles Creath's Jazz-O-Maniacs - Butter Finger Blues  (03:02)
(Charles Creath)\nRecorded St. Louis US-MO, 1927-05-02 (mx 80823-B); OKeh 8477, as "Butterfinger Blues" by Charlie Creath Jazzomaniacs.
- Sam Morgan's Jazz Band - Everybody's Talking About Sammy  (02:39)
(Sam Morgan)\nRecorded New Orleans US-LA, 1927-04-14 (mx W143976-2); Columbia 14213D.
- Lou Weimer's Gold & Black Aces - Merry Widow's Got a Sweetie Now  (02:55)
(Weimer)\nRecorded Richmond US-IN, 1928-07-28 (mx G14102); Gennett 6540, as by Lew Weimer Gold & Black Aces.\nEddie Stone: vocal
- Slim Lamar's Southerners - Goofus  (02:49)
(Bob Nolan)\nRecorded Memphis US-TN, 1928-09-06 (mx 45491=2); Victor 21710-A.
- J. Neal Montgomery & His Orchestra - Auburn Avenue Stomp  (03:03)
(Henry Mason)\nRecorded Atlanta US-GA, 1929-03-14 (mx 402314-C); OKeh 8682, as "Auburn Avenue Stomp" by Neil Montgomery (sic).\nJ. Neal Montgomery: piano, leader\nHenry Mason, Karl Burns: trumpet\nJesse Wilcox: tuba\nTed Gillum: drums\nOther personnel unk
- Whoopee Makers - Rush Inn Blues  (03:05)
(Williams)\nRecorded 1929-01-10 (mx E28948); Vocalion 15769, as by Whoopee Makers (Pettis).\nNote: This is Jack Pettis' Whoopee Makers, not the Duke Ellington Orchestra, which sometimes recorded under the pseudonym The Whoopee Makers.
- Paul Howard's Quality Serenaders - The Ramble  (03:08)
(Charlie Lawrence)\nRecorded Culver City US-CA, 1929-04-28 (mx 50868-1); Victor V-38068-B, as by Paul Howard Quality Serenaders; Bluebird 5804.