DAN MILLER: CALVARY GRAND ORGAN DEDICATION CD Track Listing
CALVARY GRAND ORGAN DEDICATION (1990)
From Stereophile Magazine:\nDAN MILLER: The Calvary Grand Organ Dedication\nOrgan music by German, J.S. Bach, Drischner, Franck, Manz, Reger, Rossini\nDan Miller, The Calvary Grand Organ (Moller, 1990)\nDSDS CD 890 (CD). Dan Miller, prod.; Don Kendrick, eng. DDD. TT: 67:45\nAvailable from the Music Department of Calvary Church, 5801 Pineville-Matthews Rd., Charlotte, NC 28226. Tel: (704) 543-1200\nAfter hearing this recording at a friend's house in Salisbury, NC, we drove to Calvary Church in Charlotte, where I experienced the grandeur of this, the last organ Moller built before going out of business. This CD, which contains the best-recorded organ I've yet heard, puts me in the spacious 6000-seat Calvary Church sanctuary. Miller's finesse and technical virtuosity are truly amazing---he combines musical sensitivity with beautifully controlled flamboyance. From the straightforward voicing of Bach's Toccata & Fugue in d to the very complex registrations in Reger's Fantasy & Fugue on "How Brightly Shines the Morning Star," this recording will keep you spellbound throughout. A must buy for every audiophile, and for anyone who likes the sound of a large pipe organ.
This classical cd contains 9 tracks and runs 67min 27sec.
Tags: music songs tracks classical Classical
- DAN MILLER - 1. Festive Trumpet Tune – German (01:54)
- DAN MILLER - 2. Toccata & Fugue in d minor – Bach (08:24)
- DAN MILLER - 3. Noel Variations, "O Run, Ye Shepherds" – Drischner (05:46)
- DAN MILLER - 4. Come, Sweet Death – Bach/Fox (07:54)
- DAN MILLER - 5. Piece Heroique – Franck (08:07)
- DAN MILLER - 6. Count Your Blessings – arr. Miller (02:11)
- DAN MILLER - 7. Variations on "O God, Our Help in Ages Past" – Manz (10:57)
- DAN MILLER - 8. Fantasy & Fugue on "How Brightly Shines the Morning Star" – Reger (16:17)
- DAN MILLER - 9. William Tell Overture (excerpt) – Rossini/Miller (05:51)